don’t judge people for taking selfies or posting them a lot some of us like how we look for the first time in our whole lives and that’s a big fucking deal.
Addendum to Yo, Marvel. Here’s your Carol Danvers concept film
Title: Warbird (because I know you’re afraid of anything having the word Marvel in the title, and Binary doesn’t sound as badass)
Synopsis: US Air Force Colonel Carol Danvers (Anna Torv, Fringe) is about to hit forty, and ready to retire. Accompanied by War Machine James Rhodes (Don Cheadle, as seen in Iron Man 2 & 3), and suffering from a hangover, Danvers heads to the Nevada desert to investigate the crash landing of an unidentified aircraft. The last thing Danvers is in the mood for, is a run-in with smart mouthed SHIELD agent Jessica Drew (Lauren Cohan, The Walking Dead).
The second to last thing, is an alien spacecraft that seems to be phasing in and out of existence.
- CAROL MOTHERFUCKING DANVERS. Needs no introduction.
- James Rhodes. You need a character to springboard off? Airforce bros 4 lyfe yo.
- Jessica Drew. SHIELD presence? Everyone’s favourite comics BrOTP? Secret SWORD agent who actually has crazy spider-powers? Done.
- Abigail Brand. Alien badass extraordinare.
- Yon-Rogg. Undercover crash-landed Kree soldier who landed on earth aeons ago. Some serious Area 51 shit, okay? Was sent to earth to find the Tesseract, but got stuck, and is steadily losing grip with reality.
- Karla Sofen. Psychotic air force psychiatrist and profiler who joins forces with Yon-Rogg for some crazy reason or other.
- Monica Rambeau. Coast Guard buddy of Carol and Rhodey. So badass she doesn’t need powers (yet)
- Kit Renner and Kamala Khan. Kids who live in Carol’s apartment building. HUUUUGE fans of the badass airforce pilot lady.
BUT THERE’S NO MAR-VELL, I HEAR YOU SCREAM.
Who needs Mar-Vell? Give Carol an origin story that isn’t tied to a dude. Bring together current MCU characters (Rhodey, maybe even Hill or Agent 13), with new characters based loosely on the comics. Use characters from various periods in Carol’s life.
I chose Warbird for a few reasons
- Because I really can’t see Disney wanting to actually put Marvel in the title of one of their films
- Seeing as my little idea for a Carol film doesn’t actually include Mar-Vell, it really doesn’t make sense to use either Marvel name
- Binary is probably her least known name in 616, and it is associated with very specific powers. I wanted to save it for a second Carol film called Warbird: Binary.
- Warbird is the name given to vintage military aircraft, and considering part of my premise is that Carol intends to retire, this has a lot of significance
- In the comics, Warbird was her alias during her battle with alcoholism in 616. Another thing I would like to see included in a film. It’s not often you see high functioning alcoholics who are women, portrayed in film.
Make this movie. MAKE IT.
Goddamnit, I’ll even write it for you. For free. Do it already.
I just found the best Facebook page
You wash up on a deserted island alone. Sitting on the sand is a box. What is in that box? Just say the first answer that comes into your mind.
Let’s play a game.
Type the following words into your tags box, then post the first automatic tag that comes up.
you, also, what, when, why, how, look, because, never